“There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.”
So, I’m no expert on leading a successful life, but I can assure you that there is no secret to success. We all have the same 24 hours in a day, it’s what we do with those hours that count. I’m sure most of you have heard the quote, “Do something today your future self will be proud of.” When the perfect opportunity presents itself, you want to be ready. Spend your time preparing for success. Listed below are five simple steps you can follow daily to make your day a little more successful.
- Get an early start. On average we need seven to nine hours of sleep to function at our best. So make sure you try to go to bed at a decent hour, or so you’ll at least have enough time to get a good night’s sleep. There are some days when we want to sleep in and relax, but in between relaxing at least try to do something productive you’ll thank yourself for later.
- Set a deadline. For those who are procrastinators like myself, this may help a lot. Deadlines push me to get things done, so try to get in the habit of setting them for yourself. You’ll be surprised just how much more you can accomplish!
- Stop taking score. Don’t compare your life to anyone else’s. What matters to you? What would you like to achieve? Your life is your own, and your journey will be unique. Do the best that you can, and live your life to the absolute fullest. There’s no limit to what you can do.
- Take care of your personal health. Your body and mind are important and your main priority should be taking great care of them. Try to be active for at least an hour a day, even if you break that into intervals. Try to eat better and not skip out on meals. Also take care of your mental health. Let go of anything toxic in your life! Pray and meditate. Treat yourself every now and then. Sometimes we can be so stressed, that we forget to enjoy the little things in life.
- Living within means. One of the most important things I would suggest is creating a budget. Even if you don’t have many bills or responsibilities, it’ll help you keep track of what you spend your money on. This way you are able to compare your monthly expenses to how much you make. You can see where you can cut back and even have room to save a little more money. I’m all for splurging, treating yourself, and living your best life– but live within your means. If you want that beautiful luxurious car, work for it. Set yourself up to where you are in the position to have whatever you want, without struggling for it.
So, what will you do today to make your future self proud?